A few numbers from UK’s three-overtime loss Saturday night:
– Kentucky has lost 28 straight games to Florida, 18 straight games in Gainesville and now 17 straight SEC games.
– True freshman Garrett Johnson caught six passes for 154 yards and two touchdowns. Johnson caught a 60-yard TD pass and a 33-yard TD pass.
– Patrick Towles ended up completing 24 of 45 passes for 369 yards and three touchdowns with three interceptions. He did not throw an interception in the first two games.
– UK had trouble running the ball, gaining just 81 yards on 33 carries.
– Florida ran 94 offensive plays, the most against the Cats since Vanderbilt ran 94 plays in 2005. Arkansas ran 99 plays in that seven-overtime win over Kentucky in 2003.
– Florida receiver Demarcus Robinson caught 15 passes for 216 yards and two touchdowns.
– Florida running back Matt Jones gained 156 yards on 29 carries. In Florida’s 24-7 win over UK last year in Lexington, Jones rushed for 176 yards on 28 carries.
– Even the 20 points UK scored in regulation was the most it had scored against the Gators since losing 45-37 to Florida in 2007.
– The 6-point loss was the smallest margin since Kentucky lost 24-21 to Florida in 2003.
– In its last three trips to the Swamp, Kentucky trailed 24-0 at the half in 2012, 21-7 in 2010 and 42-3 in 2008. The game was tied 3-3 at the half this year.
– Kentucky is now 2-6 in overtime games. Florida is 4-2 in overtime games. The Gators have won four straight.
– This was the first three-overtime game in Florida history.