Running the numbers on Kentucky’s 92-44 win over Texas-Arlington at Rupp:
– Kentucky’s 55-12 halftime lead tied for the second-largest margin in school history. The national champion 1996 team led LSU 86-42 at the half on January 16, 1996. UK also held a 43-point halftime lead over Georgia 75-32 on February 27, 1956.
– UK averaged 1.284 points per possession, best on the season. The previous high as 1.250 against Grand Canyon in the opener. UK had an effective field goal percentage of 64.2, second only to the 64.4 against Boston U.
– Kentucky shot 56.6 percent from the field, including 61.3 percent in the first half. The 56.6 is second-best on the season, behind the 57.6 UK shot in the win over Boston University last Friday.
– UK shot a season-high 33 free throws, making 24 for 72.7 percent. That’s the most free throws Kentucky has shot since going 26-of-41 for 63.4 percent against LSU in the first round of last year’s SEC Tournament.
– Kentucky’s 92 points were the most since UK scored 93 against Belmont on December 21, 2013. The Cats won that game 93-80. The Cats scored 105 points against UTA last season, winning 105-76.
– Kentucky did commit a season-high 18 turnovers. The previous high was 141 against Buffalo. The Cats turned the ball over 25.1 percent of its possessions against UTA, compared to 20.9 percent against Buffalo. UK turned it over just 11.3 percent against Montana State.
– Texas-Arlington shot 27 percent, the third-lowest against UK this year. Montana State shot 19.7 percent and Kansas shot 19.6 percent.