SEC football notes:
– Florida clinched the SEC East title with the 9-7 win over Vanderbilt last Saturday. The Gators will be playing in the title game in Atlanta.
– Derrick Henry rushed 38 times for 210 yards in Alabama’s 30-16 win over LSU on Saturday night. In his last three games, Henry has rushed for 589 yards on 98 carries.
– Alabama’s 250 rushing yards were the most against the LSU defense this season. Auburn’s 160 rushing yards was the previous high.
– Vanderbilt quarterback Johnny McCrary completed just three of 14 passes for 30 yards. Vandy’s three completions were the fewest by an SEC team in a game this year. LSU had the previous low with four completions against Eastern Michigan On Oct. 3.
– In his last two games, McCrary has completed five of 23 passes for 54 yards with two interceptions.
– Florida held Vanderbilt to 175 yards, the least given up by the Gators this season. In its last two games, against Georgia and Vanderbilt, Florida has allowed just a combined 398 yards.
– Kentucky opens as a 3.5-point favorite at Vanderbilt on Saturday.
– LSU’s Leonard Fournette gained just 31 yards on 19 carries against Alabama. It was the first time this year Fournette had been held under 100 yards. As a team, LSU managed just 54 rushing yards on 26 carries against Alabama.
– Bama has held seven of its nine opponents under 100 yards rushing. Georgia has managed the most rushing yards against Alabama this season. The Bulldogs gained 193 yards, but that was before Nick Chubb was injured.
– LSU gained just 182 yards, second-lowest against Alabama this season. UL-Monroe gained just 92 yards against the Tide.
– Auburn intercepted three passes at Texas A&M on Saturday. The Tigers have picked off nine passes in their last five games. Over its last six games, Auburn has forced 12 turnovers.
– Auburn rushed for a season-high 311 yards against the Aggies’ defense. That’s the eighth game this year an SEC team has rushed for over 300 yards. LSU’s 411 rushing yards against Auburn on Sept. 19 tops the list.
– Georgia gained a season-high 300 rushing yards in the 27-3 win over Kentucky on Saturday.
– The 180 yards Kentucky gained against Georgia was the second-fewest allowed by the Bulldogs’ defense. Missouri gained just 164 yards in a 9-6 loss on Oct. 17.
– LSU gained 182 yards in the loss at Alabama; Kentucky 180 yards in the loss at Georgia.
– Arkansas’ 605 total yards in the overtime win over Ole Miss was just the second time an SEC team has given up over 600 yards this season. South Carolina gave up 624 yards to LSU on Oct. 10. Two days later, Steve Spurrier announced his resignation as the Carolina coach.
– Arkansas threw for 442 yards, the most by an SEC team this season. Quarterback Brandon Allen completed 33 of 45 passes for 442 yards and six touchdowns. Allen held the previous-SEC high for passing yards this season with 412 (32-of-53) in a 16-12 loss to Toledo back on Sept. 12.
– Mississippi State’s 430 total yards last Thursday were the most against Missouri’s defense this year. Kentucky owned the previous high of 369 yards back on Sept. 26.
– Missouri rushed for a season-high 215 yards against Mississippi State but still lost.
– Vanderbilt forced four Florida turnovers last Saturday. The Commodores have forced 13 turnovers over their last six games.
– Florida’s 258 yards Saturday against the Commodores was not a season-low. Florida gained just 245 yards in the 14-9 win over Kentucky on Sept. 19.
– South Carolina has turned the ball over at least once in eight of its nine games.