Apparently, Athens, Ga., is not a fun place to be this week. The Bulldogs are coming off a dispiriting 27-3 loss to Florida, causing many fans to call for the job of head coach Mark Richt. Alhough a two-touchdown favorite, Georgia brings a 5-3 record overall and a 3-3 conference mark into Saturday’s game with Kentucky.
Closer to home, you have to wonder what’s going on with the UK women’s basketball team. A third player in three weeks has left the program. Ranked No. 18 in pre-season, the Cats did pick up a top 10-caliber recruit Tuesday.
Big Blue Links for Wednesday:
- Georgia looking to rally through a recent wave of Mark Richt criticism, reports Jason Butt of the Macon Telegraph.
- Time for Georgia to hit the reset button, says Bill Shanks of the Telegraph.
- Dysfunction and dissension on Georgia coach staff, reports the AJC.
- Bulldogs now worried about top quarterback commitment, reports Athens Banner-Herald.
- Two Georgia freshman football players arrested on marijuana charge, reports Dawgnation.
- Kentucky defense thinks it has a keeper in Mike Edwards, reports Jennifer Smith of the Herald-Leader.
- Forrest, Towles call a players-only meeting, reports Jon Hale of the Courier-Journal.
- Key Kentucky player could return from injury soon, reports Saturday Down South.
- After disappointing loss to Tennessee, Towles says time to get back to work, reports KyForward.
- Even in a 59-point win, things were learned about this Kentucky basketball team, writes Jerry Tipton of the Herald-Leader.
- UK changes basketball tipoff to avoid conflict with UK football, reports the Herald-Leader.
- Calipari travels to see No. 1 recruit Harry Giles, reports Ben Roberts of Next Cats.
- Calipari believes Isaiah Briscoe can be an elite defender, reports Kyle Tucker of the Courier-Journal.
- Marcus Lee says Alex Poythress can be “insane,” writes Larry Vaught of Vaughtsviews.
- Kentucky basketball offense shows its potential against Ottawa, writes Jason Ondrof of the Kentucky Kernel.
- Tai Wynyard is enrolled at UK and will sign in November, reports the Cats Pause.
- UK women No. 18 in AP pre-season poll, reports Jennifer Smith of H-L.
- Freshman Rich becomes third player to leave UK women’s program, reports Smith.
- Kentucky women pick up important recruit, reports Roberts.
Sagarin’s SEC football computer rankings
- 1 – Alabama
- 9 – Florida
- 11 – LSU
- 12 – Mississippi
- 18 – Tennessee
- 21 – Mississippi State
- 24 – Texas A&M
- 30 – Georgia
- 36 – Arkansas
- 44 – Auburn
- 59 – Missouri
- 64 – South Carolina
- 68 – Kentucky
- 83 – Vanderbilt