Saturday night’s Kentucky-Eastern Kentucky clash at Commonwealth Stadium is set for a 7:30 p.m. start on the SEC Network’s alternate channel. It features three broadcasters unfamiliar to even the most diehard college football fan.
Mike Couzens, a 2010 Syracuse graduate, will be doing the play-by-play. He’s been doing games for ESPN since 2012. He has also worked for the Big 10 Network and did broadcasting and media relations for the Single-A Fort Wayne TinCaps in minor league baseball.
Former Auburn offensive lineman Cole Cubelic will be doing the coloar analysis Saturday night. Cubelic has been host to a sports talk show in Alabama, as well.
Kevin Weidl, former quarterback at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, will also be on the broadcast. Wiedl h as also worked for Scout.com and done NFL Draft analysis for ESPN.
Notre Dame’s visit to Clemson on Saturday night, the first meeting between the two schools since 1977, is the ABC primetime game. Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit and Heather Cox are the broadcast team for that one, all avoiding to stay out of the rain.
Alabama’s visit to Georgia is the CBS 3:30 p.m. game. The usual suspects will be in Athens. Verne Lundquist, Gary Danielson and Allie LaForce will be between the hedges.
Sean McDonough, Chris Spielman and Todd McShay are the ABC team for the noon matchup between Texas and TCU. Another interesting game in the same time slot features West Virginia at Oklahoma on Fox Sports 1. Joe Davis, Brady Quinn and Kris Budden comprise the broadcast team for that one.
Here is the list of games on television for Saturday:
Saturday, Oct. 3
- 12:00 – Army at Penn State (ESPNU)
- 12:00 – Houston at Tulsa (CBS Sports)
- 12:00 – Iowa at Wisconsin (ESPN)
- 12:00 – Kansas at Iowa State (FSN)
- 12:00 – Michigan at Maryland (Big 10)
- 12:00 – Minnesota at Northwestern (Big 10)
- 12:00 – Purdue at Michigan State (ESPN2)
- 12:00 – South Carolina at Missouri (SEC Network)
- 12:00 – Texas at TCU (ABC)
- 12:00 – UCF at Tulane (ESPN News)
- 12:00 – West Virginia at Oklahoma (Fox Sports 1)
- 12:30 – Louisville at North Carolina State (ACC/WKYT)
- 3:30 – Air Force at Navy (CBS Sports)
- 3:30 – Alabama at Georgia (CBS)
- 3:30 – Baylor vs. Texas Tech (ESPN2)
- 3:30 – Florida State at Wake Forest (ESPN)
- 3:30 – North Carolina at Georgia Tech (ESPNU)
- 3:30 – Ohio State at Indiana (ESPN2)
- 4:00 – East Carolina at SMU (ESPN News)
- 4:00 – Kansas State at Oklahoma State (Fox Sports 1)
- 4:00 – Nebraska at Illinois (Big 10)
- 4:00 – San Jose State at Auburn (SEC Network)
- 4:00 – Washington State at California (Pac-12)
- 7:00 – Arkansas at Tennessee (ESPN2)
- 7:00 – Eastern Michigan at LSU (ESPNU)
- 7:00 – Ole Miss at Florida (ESPN)
- 7:00 – Vanderbilt at Middle Tennessee (CBS Sports)
- 7:30 – Arizona State at UCLA (Fox)
- 7:30 – Eastern Kentucky at Kentucky (SEC Network alternate)
- 7:30 – Mississippi State at Texas A&M (SEC Network)
- 7:30 – William & Mary at Delaware (NBC Sports)
- 8:00 – Notre Dame at Clemson (ABC)
- 10:00 – Oregon at Colorado (ESPN)
- 10:15 – Hawaii at Boise State (ESPN2)
- 10:30 – Arizona at Stanford (Pac-12)
- 10:30 – Fresno State at San Diego State (CBS Sports)
Photo of Clemson by Matt Walsh/The State