Big Blue Links for Monday:
- Chris Matthews’ big Super Bowl game is bittersweet, reports Ryan Divish of the Seattle Times.
- Ex-Kentucky receiver Chris Matthews makes run at Super Bowl MVP, reports Dennis Varney of Herald-Leader.
- Jennifer O’Neill’s 21 points lead Kentucky women past Georgia 80-72, reports Jennifer Smith of Herald-Leader.
- Kentucky’s top remaining wide receiver target commits to Oklahoma, reports Ben Roberts of Next Cats.
- Marcus Thornton’s dad says Georgia forward may miss Kentucky game, reports Chip Towers of the AJC.
- Former UK baseball star A.J. Reed is finalist for Herald-Leader Sportsman of the Year, reports Mark Story of H-L.
- Veteran Cats know an undefeated season doesn’t mean much now, writes Larry Vaught of the Advocate-Messenger.
- Hopeful UK has turned an offensive corner, writes Glenn Logan of Sea of Blue.
- Georgia’s win streak ends in ugly fashion, reports Marc Weiszer of Athens Banner-Herald.
- No. 6 Tennessee Lady Vols handle Mississippi State, reports Dan Fleser of Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- Georgia coach Mark Fox did not like a reporter’s question after his team lost at South Carolina on Saturday, reports the Macon Telegraph.
Photo of ex-Kentucky wide receiver Chris Matthews after catching touchdown pass in Super Bowl by Charlie Riedel/AP.
SEC men’s basketball standings and schedule
Kentucky’s 2015 Super Bowl commercial
- SEC men’s basketball recaps and current standings
- Ten notes as Kentucky goes 21-0
- Herald-Leader photo gallery of fans at Kentucky-Alabama game
More on Kentucky.com
- Battle between Anheuser-Busch and craft beer makers spilling over into Kentucky legislature
- West Sixth Brewery finds community focus good for business
- UK symposium focuses on 150th anniversary of Civil War’s end