Big Blue Links for Sunday:
- Kentucky football can sense a tougher culture creeping in, writes Jennifer Smith of the Herald-Leader. This story is part of our Kentucky football preview special section for 2014.
- Smith also has 14 things to look for in a Big Blue Buildup graphic.
- My column says that while Mark Stoops has pushed the Kentucky program forward, it’s a tough search finding wins in 2014.
- Technology is revolutionizing UK football, reports Ben Roberts of the Herald-Leader. “Through a longstanding partnership with a leading sports technology firm and the recent arrival of a tech-savvy staff, UK is doing things behind the scenes that players and coaches would have never considered just a few years ago.”
- Mark Story of the Herald-Leader writes on the one Kentucky football player even U of L fans shoot root for.
- Michigan combo guard Eric Davis is set to visit Kentucky, reports Next Cats.
- Rick Bozich of WDRB thinks Kentucky football fans are vastly underrated.
- Mark Stoops expects an attitude adjustment in the second year of his tenure, writes Kyle Tucker of the Courier-Journal.
- David Ching of espn.com breaks down the SEC quarterback situations, including Kentucky’s.
- Former UK quarterback Freddie Maggard admires Patrick Towles’ perseverance, writes Larry Vaught of the Danville Advocate-Messenger.
- Fan who made Bahamas trip chose UK over UCLA, reports Jerry Tipton of Herald-Leader.
- Jerry also has a story about a widow who honored her husband’s devotion to UK with a special tombstone.
- Kentucky targets shine in Elite 24 event, reports Jeff Drummond of All Wildcats.
- UK basketball target Tyrus Battle is set to visit UK, says Nation of Blue.
- More on John Calipari defending his coaching to Mike Francesca, from Glenn Logan of A Sea of Blue.
- Kentucky launches new virtual venue for 2014 season ticket holders who will soon be choosing 2015 season tickets.
- Louisville basketball signee Jaylen Johnson is in NCAA limbo, writes Jeff Greer of the Courier-Journal.