Like a dog or a cat is to most of you, he had become part of our family. We’re going to miss him. pic.twitter.com/CnlIHXIzvg
— John Calipari (@UKCoachCalipari) August 5, 2014
Big Blue Links for Tuesday:
- John Calipari writes about losing his beloved German Shepherd.
- Jerry Tipton gives his first impressions from UK’s open-to-the-media basketball practice on Monday night.
- UK could be an unholy terror on defense, says Kyle Tucker of C-J.
- The managers had the easiest job in the gym, writes Thomas Beisner of KSTV.
- The basketball players look more toned and fit, writes Matt Jones of KSR.
- Darrell Bird of the Cats Pause gives his observations from UK’s open basketball practice.
- My five impressions from that UK basketball practice.
- Kentucky will be wearing new duds in the Bahamas, reports H-L.
- Quarterbacks, drops and other notes from UK’s first football practice, from Jennifer Smith of the Herald-Leader.
- Juco linebacker transfer Ryan Flannigan jumps right in, reports Tucker of C-J.
- Flannigan spent his summer on the run, writes Jennifer Smith.
- Flannigan is learning on the fly, says Guy Ramsey of Cat Scratches.
- UK football has a head start in Mark Stoops’ second year, writes Brett Dawson of Cats Illustrated.
- UK defensive back J.D. Harmon is appreciative of second chance, says Larry Vaught of Danville Advocate-Messenger.
- Za’Darius Smith gives “change the game” a whole new meaning, says Tyler Thompson of KSR.
- Jay Bilas will call UK’s games in Bahamas, says Nation of Blue.
- Malik Monk to visit Kentucky on Wednesday, reports Steve Jones of C-J.
- Brandon Ingram says he will visit UK, says Zagsblog.
- John Wall among those cut from USA Team, reports Brian Mahoney of AP.
- Bobby Petrino previews start of Louisville football camp, reports Jeff Greer of Courier-Journal.
- Eastern Kentucky basketball team leaving for Australia, reports All KY Hoops.
Related link: Everything you need to know about UK’s Bahamas trip