Big Blue Links for Sunday:
- Scott County coach Billy Hicks fires back at Jon Hood, reports All KY Hoops. Hood made a Scott County reference in a Cordia tweet.
- Neal Brown is working on getting UK offense to a faster pace, reports Jennifer Smith of the Herald-Leader. The offense averaged 64.5 snaps per game last year.
- Michael Mathis, a former UK football commitment, is headed to Kansas, reports Ben Roberts of the Herald-Leader. Mathis committed but did not sign.
- Mark Story looks at who is under the most pressure as the college football season is about to begin. UK’s first practice is Monday morning.
- Wah Wah Jones was all about the Big Blue, not green, says Jerry Tipton of Herald-Leader in his Sunday Notebook.
- Doral Moore has a scholarship offer from Kentucky, reports Next Cats. Moore is a 7-footer from Stockbridge, Georgia.
- Kentucky will finish sixth in the SEC East, predicts Nick Gray of the Kentucky Kernel. Gray has Cats going 5-7 overall, 2-6 in conference.
- Kentucky football hopes to hoop it up, writes David Jones of Florida Today. UK is building a program, said Jones, literally.
- Ethan Levine of Saturday Down South lists five players to watch during this Kentucky football camp. Patrick Towles leads the list.
- Peyton Manning says Jacob Tamme is always there when needed, reports AP. The Broncos scrimmaged before over 38,000 fans Saturday.
- Keith Garrett of A Sea of Blue looks at the DeMarcus Cousins vs. Mason Plumlee debate. Paul George’s gruesome injury has overshadowed Team USA news.
- Speaking of George, Kevin Ware expressed support on Twitter.
- George’s injury could be a game-changer for international basketball, says Yahoo Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski.
- John Wall and Kyrie Irving are fighting for a Team USA spot, writes Matt Moore of CBS Sports. Both were No. 1 overall NBA Draft picks.
Related link: UK football sortable roster for 2014