Big Blue Links for Monday:
- John Calipari makes four new offers to Kentucky targets, reports Ben Roberts of the Herald-Leader.
- UK commit and hidden lineman gem Larry Wells is sticking to his choice, reports Roberts of Next Cats.
- According to his Twitter account, Woodford County lineman Drake Jackson gets an offer from Alabama.
- Former UK baseball star Collin Cowgill on DL with broken nose and thumb for Angels, reports H-L.
- The Los Angeles Times reports Cowgill will miss four to five weeks.
- Julius Randle signs contract and makes Summer League debut, reports Eric Pincus of Los Angeles Times.
- John Wall not expected to be on Team USA roster, reports Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
- Larry Vaught of the Advocate-Messenger on what worries keep Neal Brown awake at night.
- Is Arizona’s starting five better than Kentucky’s starting five? asks Glenn Logan of A Sea of Blue.
- Logan also asks if Calipari is kicking himself for not taking the Cleveland job
- Brooklyn Nets are unlikely to cut Marquis Teague, reports the Epoch Times.
- Louisville basketball freshmen are arriving on campus, reports Courier-Journal.
- Card Chronicle reports on Russ Smith taking over Pelicans Summer League debut.
- Donovan Mitchell will visit Louisville and Indiana, reports Inside the Hall.
- Wisconsin’s Sam Dekker made a big impression at LeBron James Skill Academy, reports College Basketball Talk.
- Andrew Wiggins did a behind-the-back dunk in warm-ups, reports The Big Lead.
I can’t thank you all enough for the love you’ve shown me after last night. The Doc said it should be an easy fix. I can’t wait to be back.
— Collin Cowgill (@Ccowgill12) July 14, 2014
Collin Cowgill photo after breaking his nose. Photo by Associated Press