SEC links for Saturday, July 12:
- Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall cited for marijuana possession of less than one ounce, reports Ryan Black of the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer.
- Michael Phelps has been enjoying Athens while at the UGA Swimming Center, reports Seth Emerson of the Macon Telegraph.
- Kansas State and Mississippi State make a deal on Twitter to start a football series, reports Kansas City Star.
- Florida steals a recruit from Urban Meyer’s backyard, reports Chris Hays of the Orlando Sentinel.
- Khalil McKenzie follows his father’s footsteps to Tennessee, reports the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
- Does Georgia still lead for the nation’s No. 1 prospect? asks Michael Carvell of the AJC.
- Ron Higgins of the Times-Picyaune remembers the old Skywriters Tour of SEC.
- SEC quarterbacks are enjoying time at the Manning Academy, reports David Ching of ESPN.
- SEC football lacks big stars, but not talent, reports the Tennessean.
- Saturday Down South asks if the lack of star power is fact or fiction?
- Odds-maker Danny Sheridan gives projected win totals for all SEC teams.
- The Advocate reports that LSU has bumped its Tiger Stadium seating capacity to over 102,000.
- Brandon Hill leaves Alabama football team for a junior college, reports Cliff Kirkpatrick of the Montgomery Advertiser.
- Mark Richt’s 13 years as the Georgia football coach by the numbers, according to Chris White of the Athens Banner-Herald.
- Jeremy Foley again throws is full support behind Will Muschamp, reports Only Gators.
- Johnny Jones knew there were things he had to correct at LSU, reports Sheldon Mickles of The Advocate.
Photo of Michael Phelps by Macon Telegraph/McClatchy.