SEC links for Thursday:
– As the NFL begins its annual draft Thursday night — finally — Auburn could have its biggest draft class in 23 years. Offensive tackle Greg Robinson has been projected to go as high as No. 2 overall.
– Mark Bradley of the AJC says that Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel was a great college player, but he’s a bad NFL risk. There is sure a lot of talk that Johnny Football could end up in Dallas.
– Bill Livingston of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer writes that the Browns should take Manziel. “The reason I think the Browns might take Manziel is actually the impetuous owner I’ve often criticized, Hotspur Haslam himself. When it comes to meddlesome owners – think the human moving van, Art Modell – I’m usually against them. But the Browns have been too conservative (and/or clueless) by half in their past picks since the franchise was restored.”
– One way or another, the speculation on Manziel will finally end Thursday night.
– Missouri could have bumper crop in this year’s NFL Draft. The Tigers have four players who are near-locks to hear their names called by NFL teams.
– Former LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger has made up for lost time after injury as he prepares for tonight’s draft.
– Looking at where Odell Beckham Jr. and other former LSU players might land in the draft.
– Florida football is excited about tailback Adam Lane, who redshirted last season but figures prominently in the Gators’ plans for this fall.
– Despite a rough first season, Ole Miss women’s basketball coach Matt Insell is happy with the direction of his program. Insell is a former UK assistant.
SEC baseball standings
- Florida 18 – 6
- Vanderbilt 14 – 10
- South Carolina 13 – 11
- Tennessee 10 – 14
- Kentucky 10 – 14
- Georgia 9 – 14
- Missouri 6 – 18
- Ole Miss 15 – 9
- Mississippi St. 14 – 10
- LSU 13 – 10
- Alabama 13 – 11
- Texas A&M 12 – 12
- Arkansas 11 – 13
- Auburn 9 – 15
- Follow John Clay on Twitter
- Like Kentucky.com on Facebook
- UK gets regal lineup for non-conference schedule