Running some numbers from the Kentucky win over Georgia:
– Kentucky shot 50 percent from the floor, the sixth time this year the Cats have shot 50 percent or better. Kentucky is 32-1 in its last 33 games in which it has shot 50 percent or better from the floor.
– Kentucky made 16 of 20 free throws for 80 percent. Over its last three games, the Cats are 57-of-71 from the foul line for 80.3 percent.
– Georgia outrebounded Kentucky, just the third team to outrebound the Cats this season. Baylor (+16) and Tennessee (+15) were the previous two.
– Kentucky averaged 1.188 points per possession. Georgia averaged 0.827 points per possession, the fifth time in the last six games the Cats have held the opponents under 1.0 PPP.
– Georgia shot 32.7 percent from the floor, the lowest by a UK foe since Boise State shot 31.9 percent. Kentucky is 52-2 under Calipari when it holds teams to less than 35 percent shooting. The losses were both on the road, at South Carolina (34.4 percent) on January 26, 2010 and Arkansas (34.8 percent) on March 2 last season.
– Kentucky forced a season-high 20 turnovers. Georgia was playing without two injured guards — Kenny Gaines and Dajuan Parker. The Bulldogs turned it over on 30.6 percent of their possessions, highest by a UK foe this year. Vanderbilt was the previous high at 24.3.
Click here for Kentucky’s updated season stats
UK’s next five games
- 01/28/14 at LSU 9:00 p.m. ESPN
- 02/01/14 at Missouri 1:00 p.m. CBS
- 02/04/14 vs. Ole Miss 7:00 p.m. ESPNU
- 02/08/14 at Mississippi State 1:30 p.m. SEC
- 02/12/14 at Auburn 8:00 p.m. SEC
Tweet of interest
Tired of cold, WCS eager to go to warmer LSU. “Your face hurts just walking. You feel you got smacked in the face when you step outside.”
— Jerry Tipton (@JerryTipton) January 25, 2014
Links of interest
- Kentucky flexes its talent in rout of Georgia
- Follow John Clay on Twitter
- Like Kentucky.com on Facebook