With the NFL conference championship games going on today, there is not a lot of college basketball to choose from on the old television. There is one very interesting machup, however.
Fresh off its win over visiting Ohio State, Minnesota travels to Iowa in a 1 p.m. game on the Big Ten Network. Iowa is 14-3 overall and 3-1 in the Big 10. In Richard Pitino’s first season after replacing Tubby Smith, Minnesota is 14-4 overall and 3-2 in the conference.
The Golden Gophers got 12 points and 13 rebounds fro Elliott Eliason in the win over Ohio State. Iowa’s last game was also a win over Ohio State, 84-74 in Columbus. Roy Devyn Marble scored 22 for the Hawkeyes in that one.
And you never know, Iowa coach Fran McCaffery may go off again today.
- 1:00 – Rutgers at Houston (CBS Sports)
- 1:00 – Louisiana Tech at Southern Miss (Fox Sports 1)
- 1:00 – Minnesota at Iowa (Big 10)
- 3:00 – Bucknell at Army (CBS Sports)
- 3:30 – Towson at Charleston (NBC Sports)
- 6:00 – Virginia Tech at Notre Dame (ESPNU)
- 8:00 – Oregon at Oregon State (ESPNU)
Big 10 standings
- Michigan State 6-0/17-1
- Michigan 5-0/13-4
- Iowa 3-1/14-3
- Wisconsin 3-2/16-2
- Minnesota 3-2/14-4
- Purdue 3-2/13-5
- Ohio State 2-3/15-3
- Indiana 2-3/12-6
- Illinois 2-4/13-6
- Northwestern 2-4/9-10
- Nebraska 0-4/8-8
- Penn State 0-6/9-10
Links of interest
- SEC: Florida gets another win; Vandy gets a coach
- Ten notes from Kentucky-Tennessee
- Kentucky’s best free throw shooting performances
More from Kentucky.com