- Mississippi State is fined for use of cowbells by fans, reports Logan Lowery of the NE Mississippi Daily Journal.
- Florida basketball guards against a letdown as the Gators play Fresno State, reports Kevin Brockway of the Gainesville Sun.
- Undefeated Missouri prepares for Bragging Rights battle against Illinois, reports Tod Palmer of the Kansas City Star.
- Auburn stands to pick up $200,000 from Under Armour if it beats Florida State in national title game, reports Joel Erickson of the Birmingham News.
- Ryan Black of the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer doesn’t believe points will be as plentiful in the BCS title game as predicted.
- Next measuring stick for LSU men’s basketball team is UAB, reports Matthew Harris of The Advocate.
- AP reports that Tennessee Lady Vols face a tough test today as they travel to Stanford.