Big Blue Links for Sunday:
- Simply put, this Kentucky basketball team was overhyped, says my column from Chapel Hill.
- Marcus Paige scored 21 of his 23 points in the second half as North Carolina took down the 11th-ranked Cats, writes Andrew Carter of the Charlotte Observer.
- Less is turning out to be more for North Carolina, says Luke DeCock of the Observer.
- North Carolina’s players compared Kentucky and Louisville after beating both, writes Jerry Tipton of the Herald-Leader.
- Kentucky shows fight amid all the fouls, reports Tipton.
- Adam Himmelsbach of the Courier-Journal writes that Kentucky’s potential remains potential.
- Kentucky now 1-3 away from the friendly confines of Rupp Arena, reports Brett Dawson of Cats Illustrated.
- The players-first program needs a team-first attitude, says Eric Crawford of WDRB.
- The alarm bells are sounding, says Kyle Tucker of the Courier-Journal.
- “Overrated” Cats lose third consecutive game to marquee opponent, writes Nick Gray of the Kentucky Kernel.
- This Kentucky team is continually just close enough to lose, says David Schu of the Kernel.
- The new-look Heels are looking formidable, writes Jason King of Bleacher Report.
- Gary Parrish of CBS Sports writes that Calipari tells Cats either they change or keep losing.
- Short-handed Heels are finally figuring it out, says C.L. Brown of espn.com.
- Missed free throws are universally evil, says James Pennington of KyForward.
- Tyler Thompson of KSR reports Calipari says “this is not a good team.”
- Epps filling in for injured Stallworth for UK women, writes Jennifer Smith of H-L.
- John Calipari after the loss: