SEC links for Thursday:
- Mark Wiedmer of the Chattanooga Times Free Press says that in going after Nick Saban, Texas needs a backup plan.
- Alabama weathering the storm of the Saban rumors, writes Alex Scarborough of espn.com.
- Bama kicker Cade Foster gets letter from George Bush, reports Scarborough.
- Florida’s Kasey Hill is glad to be back after missing time with a high ankle sprain, reports Kevin Brockway of the Gainesville Sun.
- Arkansas is enjoying success from three-point range, reports Robbie Neiswanger of the Arkansas News.
- Vahe Gregorian of the Kansas City Star says Frank Haith has dialed up a new demeanor for Missouri basketball.
- LSU has the highest paid football coaching staff in the country, reports Glenn Guilbeau of the Shreveport Times.
- Beast or bust? The Jadeveon Clowney debate has just begun, writes Greg Bedard of SI.com.
- Auburn’s success on the field has brought credibility on the recruiting trail, reports Ryan Black of the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer.
- Joe Medley of the Anniston Star writes about what if the Heisman Trophy was a career award.
- Scott Rablais of The Advocate argues that despite some apathy from LSU fans, the Outback Bowl is better than you think.
- Missouri and Oklahoma State will try and put their lost weekends aside, reports David Morrison of the Columbia Daily Tribune.
- Tyler Russell’s season at Mississippi State ended the way it began, with an injury, says Michael Bonner of the Clarion-Ledger.
- Follow John Clay on Twitter
- Like Kentucky.com on Facebook
- Check out Jerry Tipton’s UK basketball blog