SEC links for Sunday:
- Top-ranked Alabama tricked, then pounded LSU 38-17, reports Michael Casagrande of the Birmingham News. Saban out-foxed the fox.
- Pat Forde of Yahoo Sports calls Saban “Tricky Nick” in his column on Bama’s big win. “You are not going to beat him in preparation or inspiration. And now you can’t even beat him in trickeration,” Pat writes.
- Florida’s low reaches new depth as Gators lose to Vanderbilt 34-17 in Gainesville, reports Jeff Shain of the Miami Herald. It was Vanderbilt’s first win at Florida sincee 1945.
- Pat Dooley of the Gainesville Sun writes that something has to change at Florida. “What we’re doing so far is not working. You keep doing the same stuff, you’re going to get the same results,” said Gators’ coach Will Muschamp after the loss.
- Mississippi State could not keep pace with Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M, losing 51-41 to the Aggies in College Station, reports Michael Bonner of the Clarion-Ledger.
- Auburn ran all over Tennessee 55-23 in Knoxville, reports Ryan Black of the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer. Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall ran for 214 yards.
- Bo Wallace threw a career-high 407 yards as Ole Miss beat Arkansas 34-24, reports David Brandt of the AP. Donte Moncrief gained 147 receiving yards for the Rebels.
- Georgia finally enjoys a rout with a 45-6 win over Appalachian State, reports Seth Emerson of the Macon Telegraph. The Bulldogs rolled in the second half after being up just 14-6 at the break.
- Like it or not, Alabama is still the team to beat, writes Chris Low of ESPN.com.
- Bama’s offense proved to be its best defense, writes Stewart Mandel of SI.com.
- Early fumbles proved costly for LSU, reports Sheldon Mickles of the Baton Rouge Adovcate. The Tigers lost the ball on back-to-back possessions in the first half.
- Beat Bama turned into an old-fashioned beat-down, writes Jeff Duncan of the Times-Picayune.
Photo of Alabama’s T.J. Yeldon scoring touchdown by AP.
SEC football games for Saturday, November 16
- Alabama at Mississippi St.
- Florida at South Carolina
- Georgia at Auburn
- Troy at Ole Miss 12:00 PM ESPNU
- Kentucky at Vanderbilt 12:21 PM SEC TV
Times and TV for the first three games will be determined Monday.