Ten nerd notes from the Kentucky win:
1. Kentucky has not committed a turnover in four straight games, a school record with regards to records dating back to 1946.
2. UK rushed for 233 yards, most since 262 vs. Miami (Ohio) on Sept. 7
3. UK’s four rushing touchdowns most since 2010 game against Vanderbilt
4. UK’s 48 points most since 49-21 win over Charleston Southern in 2010
5. Jalen Whitlow completed 16 of 26 passes for 186 yards and two touchdowns without an interception. That’s a passer rating of 147.02.
6. It was the second time this season Whitlow has thrown more than 20 passes in a game. He was 17-of-24 for 178 yards and two scores at South Carolina for a rating of 160.63.
7. Whitlow’s 88-yard touchdown run was the longest run in Commonwealth Stadium history. It was also the longest run in the SEC this season, topping an 80-yard run by Alabama’s Derrick Henry against Arkansas on Oct. 19.
8. Alabama State’s 297 total yards second-lowest total allowed by UK this year. Miami (O) gained just 122 yards.
9. Junior WR DeMarco Robinson recovered a fumble in the end zone for a touchdown in the first quarter. It marked the first fumble recovered in the end zone for a touchdown for UK since Otis Grigsby’s fumble recovery to end a Nov. 16, 2002 game vs. Vanderbilt.
10. UK converted a season-high 8 of 17 third downs.
Photo of Jacob Tamme and his son Luke by Herald-Leader/Mark Cornelison. Click here for more pictures from Kentucky-Alabama State.