Big Blue Links for Friday:
– Patrick Magee of the Biloxi Sun-Herald reports on Devin Booker committing to Kentucky over Missouri and Michigan.
– UK target James Blackmon, Jr. picks Indiana over Kentucky, reports Ben Roberts of Next Cats.
– Ben also writes about what’s up next for UK basketball recruiting now that the Cats have Devin Booker, but lost out on Blackmon, Jr.
– Jordan Littman of Inside the Hall on Blackmon’s re-commit to the Hoosiers.
– Jen Smith of the Herald-leader writes that Raymond Sanders wants to turn big chances into big plays.
– Sanders keeps rewinding to the Mississippi State loss, reports Kyle Tucker of the Courier-Journal.
– Mark Story of the Herald-Leader writes that Kentucky should let Reese Phillips keep his redshirt.
– James Pennington of KyForward writes that Phillips is still largely unknown.
– Kentucky’s Derek Willis is pleasing Calipari with his play, reports Jerry Tipton of the Herald-Leader.
– Willis is hoping to find his way into the rotation, reports Brett Dawson of Cats Illustrated.
– Jerry’s notes lead with Calipari saying he is all in favor of game getting less physical.
– Andrew Harrison is out and Alex Poythress is in the starting lineup, reports Nation of Blue.
– Nick Gray of the Kentucky Kernel reports that Calipari says the players make their own decisions about playing time.
– Kentucky basketball is itching for some outside competition, writes Guy Ramsey of Cat Scratches.
– A Sea of Blue says Saturday’s game with Alabama State should be confidence builder.
– The Courier-Journal reports that Louisville’s Kevin Ware is planning a return to practice this week.
– UK Hoops starts exhibition season against Eckard, reports Tyler Spanyer of the Kentucky Kernel.
– Video of UK women’s coach Matthew Mitchell talking about losing Kyvin Goodin-Rogers.