Big Blue Links:
- Matt Norlander of CBS Sports looks at how much the UK job has grayed John Calipari.
- Don’t read too much into tonight’s Blue-White basketball scrimmage at Rupp Arena, writes Jerry Tipton of the Herald-Leader. We’ll be liveblogging, by the way. The frame should be up on the blog shortly.
- It looks like a dinged-up Jalen Whitlow will start at quarterback against Alabama State, reports Jennifer Smith of the Herald-Leader. At his press luncheon on Monday, Mark Stoops said that Whitlow has a dinged shoulder, but he thinks the sophomore should be ready to go Saturday. Or he’d better be.
- Mark Story of the H-L writes that Stoops has done a good job of walking the fine line between being honest and throwing his players under the bus.
- The Cats need to be a smarter team, according to Stoops, writes Kyle Tucker of the Courier-Journal. Kentucky put itself in position to pull out a win at Mississippi State last week, but cost itself with some dumb plays down the stretch.
- USA Today reports on John Calipari’s offer to pay the spring tuition of two UK students at the game tonight. That Cal has a heart of gold.
- James Blackmon, Jr. enjoyed his visit to Indiana last weekend, reports Zagsblog.
- Reese Phillips will get a shot at securing the backup quarterback slot, reports Brett Dawson of Cats Illustrated.
- It was a fiery Mark Stoops at his press luncheon on Monday, reports James Pennington of KyForward.
- Stoops is counting on Whitlow to play Saturday, says Jon Hale of the Cats Pause.