Some notes from SEC football on Saturday:
* With South Carolina trailing Missouri 17-0 in the third quarterback, gimpy quarterback Connor Shaw came off the bench in the third quarter to complete 20 of 29 passes for 201 yards and three touchdowns to lead the Gamecocks to a 27-24 overtime win over Missouri.
* South Carolina gained just 75 yards on the ground, by far its lowest total of the year. In the last two weeks against Florida and South Carolina, Missouri has allowed 134 yards rushing on 66 carries, average of 2.0 yards per carry.
* Texas A&M turned it over five times and still beat Vanderbilt 56-24. The Aggies lost four fumbles. In its last two games, against Georgia and Texas A&M, Vandy has forced eight turnovers.
* Alabama drilled Tennessee 45-10, but the Tide allowed 322 yards to the Vols. That’s the most the Alabama defense has given up since Texas A&M gained 628 yards on the Tide back on September 14.
* LSU only led Furman 20-16 at the half before winning 48-16. Quarterback Zach Mettenberger threw two interceptions and has thrown five interceptions in his last two games. Mettenberger threw just two interceptions in his first seven games this year.
* Auburn whipped Florida Atlantic 45-10 and in its last 3 games, Auburn has gained 712, 615 and 628 total yards. The Tigers rushed for 422 yards.
* Ole Miss gained 572 yards and did not turn it over in its 59-14 win over Idaho. l’Tavius Mathers rushed for 138 yards for the Rebels.