SEC and Big Blue Links:
– Mississippi State assistant David Turner knows Kentucky well. He was on the UK staff under both Bill Curry and Joker Phillips.
– One-handed basketball player — born in Lexington — who has committed to Florida is receiving national attention.
– UK women fine-tuning its offense to get over Final Four hump.
– Kentucky women’s basketball star DeNesha Stallworth wants to meet expectations in her senior season.
– Kentucky’s TraVaughn Paschal and Eric Dixon get their chance and show their stuff.
– Missouri basketball coach Frank Haith cites desire for closure as to why he won’t appeal NCAA suspension.
– NCAA exposes its own legitimacy issues in wake of Miami investigation, writes Yahoo’s Dan Wetzel.
– Dana O’Neil of ESPN says Miami ruling shows NCAA has lost its way.
– ESPN analyst and former Florida State quarterback Danny Kannell says another 200 wins and Nick Saban will be right there with Bobby Bowden.
– Alabama’s defense is the midst of a remarkable stretch. The Tide has allowed 16 points in its last five games — Kentucky is the only team to score a touchdown on Alabama during this stretch.
– Todd Gurley is back at practice for Georgia. The Bulldogs need the star running back after back-to-back losses to Missouri and Vanderbilt.
– A look at where UK’s basketball targets have been on their visits.
SEC football schedule
Thursday, October 24
- Kentucky at Mississippi St. 7:30 PM ESPN
Saturday, October 26
- Vanderbilt at Texas A&M 12:21 PM SEC TV
- Tennessee at Alabama 3:30 PM CBS
- South Carolina at Missouri 7:00 PM ESPN2
- Furman at LSU 7:00 PM
- Florida Atlantic at Auburn 7:30 PM FSN
- Idaho at Ole Miss 7:30 PM CSS
Saturday, November 2
- Auburn at Arkansas TBD
- Tennessee at Missouri TBD
- Mississippi St. at South Carolina 12:21 PM SEC TV
- Florida at Georgia 3:30 PM CBS
- Alabama St. at Kentucky 7:30 PM CSS
- UTEP at Texas A&M 9:00 PM ESPN
- Player videos from UK Women’s Basketball Media Day
- Suddenly, Kentucky’s second-half looks tougher
- Follow John Clay on Twitter
More on Kentucky.com: