Some late-night notes for a busy Tuesday:
- More from Media Day: Cats debate possibility of a 40-0 season.
- An SEC Insider ($) article ranks the top 10 football recruiters in the SEC. UK’s Vince Marrow comes in at No. 7.
- Our old friend Chuck Culpepper gives thanks to Johnny Football. Here’s the lead: “Some hope for our country just crawled out of that bustling sports weekend and shone brightly from the Deep South. It glimmered from a field in Mississippi, from the pretty town of Oxford, from a place curiously close to the Brobdingnagian tailgating acreage known as “The Grove,” and from an American Saturday night so restless you barely could comprehend the whole.”
- Oh my word, Bill Simmons thinks someone at ESPN is out to get him.
- The first AP college basketball poll will be released October 31. The first women’s poll follows the next day.
- According to ESPN Stats and Information, the Bengals have not allowed a 300-yard passer in 20 games, longest streak in the NFL.
- Travis Ford apparently is a little tired hearing about Andrew Wiggins:
Ford on Kansas: “Wiggins is, from what I understand, the best player to ever play.”
— Pistols Firing (@pistolsguy) October 15, 2013
- Click here for the full UK Basketball Media Day Gallery
- Silver linings: Five positive UK football notes
- Dark clouds: Five not-so-positive UK football notes
- Follow John Clay on Twitter