SEC links for Wednesday:
- His team preparing to play Syracuse in the Carrier Dome, Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said he missed the days when he was a walk-on at Alabama. ““I love the hostility of it, especially growing up in the SEC,” Swinney said. “I loved to go to Baton Rouge (La.) and see grandmas flipping you the finger as we are riding on the bus. ”
- The former Auburn receiver who Georgia mascot UGA V lunged at is now going to prison. Robert Baker plead guilty Tuesday to charges of possession of heroin with intent to distribute and possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime.
- Florida running back Matt Jones is hoping to capitalize on the momentum from his star performance last week against Kentucky. Jones rushed for 176 yards in the Gators win. He had missed most of fall camp with a viral infection.
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin says rumors about him and other jobs are just part of the job. With Lane Kiffin out at Southern Cal, speculation persists that Sumlin is high on Pat Haden’s list.
- Stopping LSU will be a tough task for Mississippi State. LSU gained 449 yards last Saturday in the Tigers’ 44-41 loss at Georgia.
- Candid Cam Cameron, with his NFL background, has brought out the best in LSU quarterback Zack Mettenberger. Cameron said the key has been giving Mettenberger what he can do. “A guy told me once that if you ask a fish to climb a tree, he’s going to fail every time,” Cameron said.
- In Missouri, Vanderbilt faces another team that runs the read-option. Missouri quarterback James Franklin is tied for third among SEC quarterbacks in rushing with 215 yards.
- Georgia’s Aaron Murray rolling with the good times. The Bulldogs want to be careful not to slip up this week against Tennessee.
- Composure is a key element for the Georgia offense. In last Saturday’s shootout, the Bulldogs kept their cool to drive down the field near game’s end for the winning score.
SEC football schedule this Saturday
- Georgia State at Alabama 12:21 PM SEC TV
- Georgia at Tennessee 3:30 PM CBS
- Arkansas at Florida 7:00 PM ESPN2
- LSU at Mississippi St. 7:00 PM ESPN
- Ole Miss at Auburn 7:00 PM ESPNU
- Missouri at Vanderbilt 7:30 PM CSS
- Kentucky at South Carolina 7:30 PM FSN
SEC football games for October 12
- Missouri at Georgia 12:00 PM ESPN
- South Carolina at Arkansas 12:21 PM SEC TV
- Western Carolina at Auburn 2:00 PM PPV
- Florida at LSU 3:30 PM CBS
- Alabama at Kentucky 7:00 PM ESPN2
- Bowling Green at Mississippi St. 7:30 PM FSN
- Texas A&M at Ole Miss 8:30 PM ESPN
Links of interest
- Follow John Clay on Twitter
- Mike Davis provides UK’s defense another test
- Tennessee will wear “Smokey Gray” uniforms Saturday
More from Kentucky.com