Big Blue Links for Wednesday:
- The Madness for Big Blue Madness has begun. We have a photo gallery. The actual Madness at Rupp Arena is scheduled for October 18, by the way. But the craziness started at 5 a.m. There’s a video after the jump.
- In the “Meet the Cats” series, Dakari Johnson is proving to be a rim-rattling competitor. ”I feel like I just enjoy being in the paint,” Kentucky freshman Dakari Johnson said this pre-season, “and that’s my bread and butter. So I think that’s the strength of my game.” (Video after the jump.)
- South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw, who bruised his shoulder last Saturday, practiced again Tuesday and could play this week vs. UK. It was first thought that Shaw might miss up to three weeks.
- My notes column says that judging by the numbers, college football is not exciting the students. Truth is, college football attendance continues to drop.
- Kentucky targets Tyler Ulis and Kelly Oubre highlight a Ohio showcase event. It takes place January 17-20.
- What a surprise, Kentucky linebacker Avery Williamson is leading the SEC in tackles again. Williamson is doing this despite a bad bone bruise on his left arm.
- Cat Scratches has the second part of its question-and-answer with John Calipari. One Cal nugget: “We’re going to play like we’re on the verge of fouling on every possession.”
- South Carolina’s Chaz Sutton is ready for Kentucky’s visit on Saturday. Sutton knows what it’s like to lose to Kentucky, having been on the 2010 that fell to UK in Lexington.
- Though he remains out, newest Philadelphia 76er Nerlens Noel is staying involved and working on his shot.
- Can Kentucky’s offense click against Carolina? UK scored all of three points its last trip to Columbia. South Carolina scored 54.
- Our friends at Kentucky Wildcats TV was at the morning Madness:
- Meet Dakari Johnson:
Schedule for the “Meet the Cats” series
- Wed., Oct. 2 — Dakari Johnson Story | Video
- Thu., Oct. 3 — Jarrod Polson
- Fri., Oct. 4 — Marcus Lee
- Sat., Oct. 5 — Brian Long
- Sun., Oct. 6 — Julius Randle
- Mon., Oct. 7 — Jon Hood
- Tue., Oct. 8 — James Young
- Wed., Oct. 9 — E.J. Floreal
- Thu., Oct. 10 — Alex Poythress
- Sat., Oct. 12 — Derek Willis
- Sat., Oct. 12 — Tod Lanter
- Sun., Oct. 13 — Aaron Harrison
- Sun., Oct. 13 — Andrew Harrison
- Mon., Oct. 14 — Dominique Hawkins
- Tue., Oct. 15 — Sam Malone
- Wed., Oct. 16 — Willie Cauley-Stein
- Calipari says Kentucky looks like Kentucky again
- Photo gallery: UK basketball players visit Picadome students
- Ten things to know about the UK-South Carolina football series
Links of interest:
- Follow Jennifer Smith on Twitter
- Like John Clay – Herald-Leader on Facebook
- Get UK recruiting links and news at Next Cats
More from Kentucky.com