1. Murphy entered the Gators’ 31-17 win over Tennessee last Saturday when starter Jeff Driskel broke his lower right leg.
2. Murphy completed eight of 14 passes for 134 yards and rushed for 84 yards.
3. Murphy led the Gators to touchdown drives on Florida’s first two possessions of the second half as Florida beat Tennesee for the ninth straight year.
4. Murphy was a two-star prospect from Wethersfield, Connecticut who had originally committed to Temple.
5. Murphy sent tapes to then Florida coach Urban Meyer and then offensive coordinator Steve Adazzio, now the head coach at Boston College, and was a late addition to Florida’s 2010 signing class.
6. Murphy moved up to No. 2 on the depth chart when Jacoby Brissett transferred to North Carolina State in the off-season.
7. Before the Tennessee game, Murphy had thrown one pass in his college career, an incompletion on a two-point attempt.
8. Wide receiver Solomon Patton took a Murphy screen pass and turned it into a 52-yard touchdown to give Gators 10-7 lead early in 2nd quarter.
9. When Driskel underwent an emergency appendectomy at the start of fall camp, Murphy practiced with the first-team offense and performed well.
10. Florida’s No. 2 quarterback now is redshirt freshman Skyler Mornhinweg, son of New York Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg.
AP Photo/John Raoux