SEC links for Sunday:
– Alabama-Texas A&M turns into a shootout before Crimson Tide prevails 49-42, writes Cecil Hurt of the Tuscaloosa News. A.J. McCarron threw for 334 yards and four touchdowns.
– Johnny Manziel ages Nick Saban, but in the end Alabama spanked Texas A&M, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of the Birmingham News.
– Alabama beat Texas A&M’s defense but not Johnny Manziel and the Aggie offense, writes Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman.
– Pat Forde of Yahoo Sports writes that Bama had to pick up the pace to beat the Aggies.
– Tide proves it can win in a variety of ways, writes Stewart Mandel of SI.com.
– Nick Marshall fires back, leading Auburn to 24-20 win over Mississippi State, reports Brandon Marcello of the Birmingham News. The win snapped Auburn’s 10-game SEC losing streak.
– Ole Miss tramples Texas to improve to 3-0, reports Jim Vertuno of the AP. Greg Robinson as Texas’ new defensive coordinator didn’t make much difference for the Longhorns.
– Early Tennessee lead disappears as Oregon swamps the Vols 59-14, reports Patrick Brown of the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
– Ron Morris of The State writes that South Carolina’s defense made progress in Gamecocks’ 35-25 win over Vanderbilt.
– Vandy’s second half rally comes up short, reports Jeff Lockridge of the Tennessean. The Commodores gave up 31 first downs, most since 2001.
– Jadeveon Clowney says he will have foot surgery at end of season, reports AP.
– LSU rolled through Kent State 24-3, reports Les East of The Advocate.
– Defense and ground game make up for Brandon Allen’s absence as Arkansas beats Southern Miss 24-3, reports Robbie Neiswanger of the Arkansas News.
SEC schedule for September 21
- Vanderbilt at UMass 12:00 PM ESPNews
- North Texas at Georgia 12:21 PM SEC TV
- Arkansas at Rutgers 3:30 PM ABC/ESPN/ESPN2
- Tennessee at Florida 3:30 PM CBS
- SMU at Texas A&M 7:00 PM ESPN2 or ESPNU
- Colorado State at Alabama 7:00 PM ESPN2 or ESPNU
- Troy at Mississippi St. 7:30 PM FSN
- Auburn at LSU 7:45 PM ESPN
- Missouri at Indiana 8:00 PM Big Ten Network