Five quick geek-stat notes on the Kentucky loss:
- Kentucky 216 rushing yards was the highest total against an FBS team since the 2011 team rushed for 230 yards against Central Michigan. UK did rush for 342 yards against Samford last season and 340 against Jacksonville State in 2011, but those aren’t FBS teams.
- Both Kentucky and Western had 216 rushing yards. Western’s 216 rushing yards would have been the third most allowed last year — behind 227 by Vanderbilt and 219 by Louisville.
- Western’s 5.2 yards per rush second-highest total since the South Carolina game in 2011. Arkansas averaged 5.9 yards per rush against Kentucky last year.
- Opening game yardage for UK over the last four years: 2010 vs. Louisville, 466 total yards; 2011 vs. Western Kentucky, 190 yards; 2012 vs. Louisville, 373 yards; 2013 vs. Western Kentucky, 419 yards.
- Going back to last year, UK defense has allowed 440 or more yards in three of last four games. The Cats gave up 447 to Vanderbilt, 457 to Tennessee and 487 to Western Kentucky tonight.