– My column says Mark Stoops got his first taste of Big Blue frustration in Kentucky’s 35-26 loss to Western Kentucky in Nashville on Saturday.
– Mark Story writes that Air Raid was slow to get off the ground in UK’s loss to the Hilltoppers.
– Jennifer Smith writes that Western Kentucky darkened Stoops’ debut.
– Smith’s notes say UK will go back to work after loss, look for leaders.
– Mark Maloney writes that the Hilltoppers followed a winning script in beating the Cats.
– Chad Bishop of the Bowling Green Daily News reports that once again Western took down the Cats.
– Rick Bozich writes that for Bobby Petrino it was domination, hugs and hold the Gatorade.
– Tim Sullivan of the C-J writes that Petrino took the high road after winning the battle of the debuts.
– Kyle Tucker of the C-J says the Air Raid bombs as the Cats lose to Western in opener.
– Herald-Leader gallery of game action from Kentucky’s loss to Western Kentucky.