– Kirby Smart is a big part of Alabama’s success, writes Cliff Kirkpatrick for the Montgomery Advertiser. “He’s just like Coach Saban, they are the same,” cornerback Deion Belue said.
– Will Ole Miss’ Robert Nkemdiche buck the trend and make an impact on defense during his freshman year? asks Hugh Kellenberger of the Clarion-Ledger. The defensive end was rated as the nation’s No. 1 prospect by some servies.
– Tennessee not rushing into a quarterback decision, reports Patrick Brown of the Chattanooga Times Free-Press. Offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian isn’t worried.
– Mark Richt turned Georgia around by believing, writes Mark Bradley of the AJC. Great players helped a little, too.
– Missouri picked up a top basketball commitment, reports Steve Walentik of the Columbia Daily Tribune. JaKeenan Grant, a Top 50 prospect for 2014, picked the Tigers.