Big Blue Links for Tuesday:
Ex-UK pitcher Andrew Albers throws a two-hitter as Twins blank Indians 3-0. Albers has not allowed a run in 17.1 innings, the longest scoreless string in a debut ever for a Minnesota pitcher.
Albers gave up two singles and did not walk a batter. ”I’m not a guy that goes out there and lights up a radar gun or throws devastating secondary stuff,” he said. “But I can pitch a little bit and so far I’ve been having a little bit of success.”
Standout basketball prospect Devin Booker’s top five does include Kentucky.
UK assistant football coach Chad Scott is making inroads into Florida in recruiting.
Dyshawn Mobley hopes to avoid getting lost in the running back shuffle this season. The sophomore has returned to practice after hernia surgery.
Mark Story writes about why Kentucky fans should be fretting over the opener with Western Kentucky.
Nate Willis’ junior college coach talks about expectations for the defensive back, who should be on campus this week.
Anthony Kendrick could be a big addition at tight end for the Cats. It has been a long road for Kendrick back to the playing field.
Neal Brown is going to let the process play out in the competition to be UK’s starting quarterback.
Ex-Cat Larry Warford gains confidence after his first pre-season game with Lions.
Behind the scenes at UK women’s soccer photo day.
John Wall has more tattoos, which is apparently a big story in Washington.
Kentucky basketball is trying to leverage success in Texas.
Mark Stoops has Big Blue Nation ready for football.
- Kentucky second in SEC merchandise sales
- Louisville eliminating autographs at Fan Day
- Jason Hatcher earning quite a few mentions
Links of reference
- Download the updated sortable UK football roster
- Follow John Clay on Twitter
- Follow Jennifer Smith on Twitter
Also on Kentucky.com
- Ex-judge reprimanded for handling of two cases
- Jennifer Lawrence always knew she’d be famous
- Blackberry stock rises after it says it would consider a sale