SEC links for Friday:
– After Oregon showed off its new football facilities, Alabama is showing off its new football facilities.
– Ole Miss starts its football camp without Nick Brassell. The junior cornerback is not academically eligible. The Rebels said Brassell is no longer part of the program.
– John Adams of the Knoxville News-Sentinel says there are reasons to be more optimistic about Tennessee football. He starts with Butch Jones.
– Chip Towers of the AJC reports that freshman wide receiver Tramel Terry looked ready and able in Georgia’s first practice of the fall. Terry suffered a torn ACL on the first play of a high school All-Star game last December.
– Scott Rabalais said that it’s a far cry from No. 1, but LSU got a fair shake in being picked No. 13 in the pre-season coaches’ poll.