Big Blue Links for Thursday:
– Jennifer Smith of the Herald-Leader reports that Mark Stoops is more than ready to stop talking and start coaching. The opener against Western Kentucky is just 36 days away.
– There’s no end in sight to Cats-Cards series.
– Cat Scratches has video of Stoops’ time at the podium duringa the Governor’s Cup Luncheon yesterday.
– WDRB’s Eric Crawford echoes that Stoops is ready to get in and coach up the players.
– Jarrod Polson is blogging about his trip to Ethiopia.
– UK basketball target Josh Perkins has cut his list to five schools.
– UK Athletics has a video profile of new strength and conditioning coach Cory Edmond.
– Kyle Tucker of the C-J reports that UK’s season football ticket sales are soaring.
– The C-J’s Tim Sullivan writes on Louisville coach Charlie Strong and expectations coming off a Sugar Bowl year.
– Tennessee’s Butch Jones continues to recruit up a storm. The Vols are now ranked No. 2 behind Florida State in ESPN’s recruiting rankings.
– John Wall and the Washington Wizards are talking an $80 million extension. Take that Colin Cowherd.
– South Carolina continues to investigate the possible contact between Jadeveon Clowney and Jay-Z.
– Columnist Caulton Tudor predicts that the NCAA’s new ejection rule for college football will be controversial.
– John Calipari’s former stars made an impression in the NBA Summer League.
– For Archie Goodwin, all signs point to great potential. The former UK guard turned some heads this summer.
– At Big 10 Media Days, Ohio State’s Urban Meyer addressed discipline issues and claimed he did not know until after the fact that the school had turned in his former employer, Florida, for a secondary recruiting violation.
– This writer takes issue with Meyer’s critics, specifically Clay Travis.
– A Kansas basketball freshman has been cited for a hit-and-run accident.
– Josh Katzowitz does a podcast with my buddy C. Trent Rosecrans, who covers the Reds for the Cincinnati Enquirer.
– Seth Emerson of the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer says Georgia’s coordinators are looking at the Bulldogs in different ways.
– A former Florida point guard says the problem with the current Gators lies at point guard.
– LSU football has plenty of promise heading into 2013 but questions remain.
– Jerry Tarkanian leaves hospital after an 11-day stay. Saw the UNLV coach at the Hall of Fame announcements in April and he was having a difficult time getting around.
– If you are an Atlanta Braves fan, you probably don’t want to see this video, though you probably already have seen this video.