Big Blue Links for Tuesday:
– UK defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot is the latest UK assistant to be profiled by the video department. That’s Eliot above.
– If it weren’t for bad luck, poor Josh Clemons would have no luck at all. The UK running back missed all of last season while still rehabbing from ACL surgery. He will now miss the 2013 season after suffering an Achilles tendon injury.
– The Kentucky-Western Kentucky football opener on August 31 will be shown on ESPNews. Gametime remains 7 p.m. Site remains Nashville’s LP Field.
– Luke Kennard’s father talks about his son’s offer from Kentucky basketball.
– Eric Bledsoe says he is looking forward to being a Phoenix Sun.
– Vanderbilt finally releases the names of the four football players who were kicked off team as part of a sex crime investigation. All four had yet to play for the Commodores.
– All those Fox Sports 1 commercials lauding the launch of the new network next month? Don’t get too excited if you live in Lexington. Time Warner Cable has yet to reach a deal with Fox to carry the challenger to ESPN.
– An ex-Florida football player is arrested for leaving a child in a car outside a strip club.
– North Carolina basketball coach Roy Williams promises there will be “serious consequences” in the P.J. Hairston case.