Big Blue Links for Wednesday:
* UK softball team set to defend its turf as the SEC Tournament comes to John Cropp Stadium. Rachel Lawson’s team enters the tournament fresh off a series win at defending national champion Alabama.
* Adam Himmelsbach of the Courier-Journal talked to Andrew Wiggin’s host mom in Huntington, West Virginia, where Wiiggins is attending Huntington Prep. And the host mom would like to see the nation’s No. 1 prep player go to — drum roll, please — Louisville.
* Paul Biancardi of ESPNU tells the Lawrence Journal-World that despite what anyone claims, no analyst knows where Wiggins is going to college.
* After being replaced in his usual role as Saturday starter, Jerad Grundy pitched Kentucky to a win over Wright State last night. The senior allowed just one run in five innings as the Cats now turn their attention to the weekend’s big series with highly-ranked Vanderbilt.
* Mike DeCourcy of Sporting News explains how we actually have cable television to thank for keeping the NCAA Tournament from being expanded into a 96-team mess.