* Could Ole Miss forward Murphy Holloway make it in the NFL? Some draft scouts say the Rebels basketball player could be picked as a tight end during this week’s selections.
* An order of protection was taken out against reserve Tennessee center Yemi Makanjoula, who was released from his scholarship on Saturday. An 18-year-old nursing student asked for the order after an encounter with Makanjoula in February.
* Alabama is looking for a new women’s basketball coach. The school announced that it has reassigned Wendell Hudson to an administrative position. Hudson was 68-87 in five seasons, and ‘Bama has a new AD in Bill Battle.
* Kevin Scarbinsky of the Birmingham News says Selena Roberts might be the best thing to ever happen to embattled Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs, who hit back hard at Roberts with an internal review disclosure Monday.
* Seth Emerson of the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer says that Georgia basketball coach Mark Fox needs to show improvement to keep his job. Lots of improvement.
* Brandon Allen exited Arkansas’ first spring practice under Bret Bielema as the team’s first-string quarterback. Whether that holds up in the fall may be another matter.