* The future of Paul Finebaum’s radio career could become clearer now that his 90-day waiting period is over. After his contract expired Jan. 21, Finebaum had to wait 90 days before entertaining new offers.
* Alabama football needs to get its edge back. Or so says Mark Edwards of the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer. He writes, “If you cheer for Alabama, it should concern you that your head coach, Nick Saban, has talked about effort all spring — and not in a good way. It should concern you that he did so again after Saturday’s game, in which the White squad, which had the first team offense, scored a 17-14 win over the Crimson team, which had the No. 1 defense.”
* Tennessee’s spring answers some questions, but raises others. Looks like Justin Worley will enter the fall as the No. 1 quarterback on Butch Jones’ depth chart.
* Mark Wiedmer liked the look of the Tennessee defense.
* Arkansas wrapped up a drama-free spring under new coach Brent Bielema.
* Mississippi State put on an offensive show at its spring game. Final score was 38-28.
* Missouri quarterback James Franklin kept mistakes to a minimum at Missouri spring game.