Five quick notes as the Kentucky baseball slide continues with Sunday’s 3-1 loss at South Carolina.
* South Carolina freshman Jack Wynkoop pitched eight innings, allowing nine hits and just one run as the Gamecocks swept the three-game series.
* Kentucky’s Corey Littrell worked his 21st career quality start, going 7.2 innings and allowing five hits and three runs.
* A.J. Reed did go three-for-four at the plate and the Cats did turn four double plays.
* Kentucky took a 1-0 lead in the fourth, but South Carolina scored two runs in the bottom of the fourth to take the lead for good.
* The Cats have now lost six straight overall and five straight in SEC play. In fact, the Cats have lost eight of their last nine conference games.