Some team notes after UK’s 72-62 loss at Georgia on Thursday.
* Kentucky shot 37.1 percent from the floor, third-lowest percentage of the season. UK shot 29.1 in losing to Baylor at Rupp on Dec. 1. The Cats shot 35.8 percent in being blown out at Tennessee the first game after Nerlens Noel’s ACL injury.
* Kentucky has lost six straight games when failing to shoot at least 40 percent from the floor. Before the current streak, the Cats were 6-8 when shooting less than 40 percent in the Calipari Era.
* In the last two games, Kentucky has made just nine of 40 three-point shots for 22.5 percent.
* UK made but 10 of its 18 free throws last night for 55.6 percent. That is UK’s worst showing at the foul line, in a game in which it took at least 18 foul shots, since making but 11 of 23 (47.8 percent) in the loss to Louisville in December.
* After Arkansas shot 34.8 percent in beating UK last Saturday, Georgia shot just 36.5 percent on Thursday night. Under Calipari, Kentucky is 79-6 when holding teams under 40 percent. This year, they were 14-1 before the last two games.
* Georgia made 27 of 34 free throws. Only twice in the Calipari Era has an opponent taken more free throws. North Carolina was 26-of-37 at the line on Dec. 4, 2010 in Chapel Hill. East Tennessee State was 21-of-37 in an NCAA Tournament loss to UK on March 18, 2010.
* Georgia averaged 1.105 points per possession. That makes the Bulldogs the eighth team this year to averaged at least 1.1 points per possession against UK. Only four teams reached that number last season.
* Kentucky averaged 0.976 points per possession, fourth straight road game the Cats have been held under a point per possession.