Big Blue Links for Tuesday:
* Jerry Tipton of the Herald-Leader writes that the Kentucky basketball team has plenty to play for the rest of the season. Assistant coach John Robic, subbing for John Calipari (dental problems) said that even after a 13-point loss at Arkansas, the Cats could make a positive impression with the selection committee by beating Georgia and Florida this week.
* Glenn Logan of A Sea of Blue says this Kentucky team likes to win, but it doesn’t hate to lose. Glenn even references Pink Floyd, though not in a Dark Side of the Moon sort of way. This does go back to the one chink in this team’s armor: It lacks a certain competitiveness that all great teams possess.
* Cat Scratches reports that nearly 31,000 tickets have been distributed for the Spring Game. Amazing what a new coach and a little promotion can accomplish. UK football fans have grumbled over the past few years that the school did not do more to market the spring game.
* Ben Roberts of Next Cats writes on UK signee Dakari Johnson, who is ready for the expectations that comes with playing for Kentucky.
* Seth Emerson of the Macon Telegraph says Georgia will be trying to improve its SEC Tournament seeding this week. The Bulldogs entertain Kentucky in Athens on Thursday night.
* Julius Randle will announce his college choice March 20.
* UK signee James Young will be in Lexington on Saturday for the Florida game.