* Tennessee wins its sixth straight game, and this one is a big one, reports Brendan F. Quinn of the Knoxville News-Sentinel. The Vols got 27 points from Jordan McRae to beat league-leader Florida 64-58.
* Banged-up Florida drops its second straight road game, reports Kevin Brockway of the Gainesville Sun. Michael Frazier II was held out because of a concussion. Will Yeguete is not quite back from his knee surgery.
* Role players played a major role in backing up McRae, writes John Adams of the News-Sentinel.
* Mike Strange of the News-Sentinel writes that the Vols claimed the biggest prize left in the Gators.
* Players, fans now expecting victories from Tennessee basketball, writes Mark Wiedmer of the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
* Trevor Releford scores 13 of his 21 points in second half as Alabama rolls to a 61-43 win over Auburn, reports James Crepea of the Montgomery Advertiser.
* Is Tony Barbee still the man to fix the mess that is Auburn basketball? asks Kevin Scarbinsky of the Birmingham News.