Big Blue Links for Monday:
* Kentucky’s SEC title hopes in women’s hoops take a hit with 77-72 loss at LSU. UK rallied from a 13-point deficit but couldn’t get the win in Baton Rouge.
* UK basketball players have befriended 16-year-old Reese Kemp, a high school freshman with Cystic Fibrosis. Now, Kemp is trying to help others the way he has been helped.
* Jeanne Kenney carries LSU to win over visiting Kentucky women. Kenney made seven-of-eight shots and scored 22 points.
* Kenney’s grandfather had passed away earlier in the week, plus she was battling an injured foot. Still, she missed just one shot.
* Kentucky showing interest in Madison Central’s Dominique Hawkins. UK assistant coach Orlando Antigua saw Hawkins play over the weekend.
* Joe Lunardi has Kentucky back in his NCAA Tournament bracket. Subject to change, of course.
* Lucas Witt’s key hit helps Kentucky baseball beat Coastal Carolina 8-2 to run record to 5-1.
* Phil Pressey wanted to know about that quote concerning Kentucky’s guards.
* Julius Mays providing leadership as Kentucky tries to boost its NCAA Tournament resume. Mays scored 24 points in the Cats’ win over Missouri on Saturday night.
* Archie Goodwin’s second-half surge was key to Kentucky’s comeback win on Saturday.
* Kentucky buys in, Kentucky wins.
SEC women’s basketball standings
- Tennessee 13 – 1
- Kentucky 11 – 3
- Texas A&M 11 – 3
- Georgia 11 – 3
- South Carolina 10 – 4
- Vanderbilt 8 – 6
- LSU 8 – 6
- Arkansas 5 – 9
- Florida 5 – 9
- Auburn 4 – 10
- Mississippi St. 4 – 10
- Missouri 4 – 10
- Alabama 2 – 12
- Ole Miss 2 – 12