Some quick notes from the Kentucky win.
* Here’s Herald-Leader photo gallery from UK-Missouri.
* Kentucky pulled into a second-place tie with Alabama in the SEC standings, two games behind Florida. UK is now 10-4 in the league. After its three-overtime loss at LSU, Alabama is 10-4. Alabama has the upper-hand for the No. 2 seed in the conference tournament thanks to its 59-55 win over Kentucky last month.
* Missouri outrebounded Kentucky 27-18 in the first half on the way to a 35-31 halftime lead. UK outrebounded the Tigers 23-12 the rest of the night. Missouri came into the game leading the SEC in rebound margin at a +10.2.
* UK shot 50 percent from the field for the second straight game. The Cats shot 51.8 percent against Vanderbilt on Wednesday, then 50.8 percent against Missouri on Saturday night.
* At one point, the Cats were 12-of-22 at the foul line. After that, they hit 11-of-14, including a stretch of eight straight in overtime.
* Willie Cauley-Stein was one-of-seven at the foul line. The rest of the team was 22-of-29.
* Cauley-Stein did block a career-high seven shots and had 12 rebounds. That was his most rebounds since he collected against Samford on December 4.
* Alex Poythress finished with 21 points. He had not scored in double-figures since scoring 15 points in UK’s win at Ole Miss on January 29.
* The Cats made seven three-pointers on 17 attempts. That’s the most made threes since they were seven-of-15 at Texas A&M. Kentucky won an overtime game that time, too.
* Julius Mays scored 24 points, his high since coming to UK. Mays made four of eight three-pointers.
* Archie Goodwin scored a combined 15 points at Florida and Tennessee. He scored a combined 34 points this week against Vanderbilt and Missouri.
* Ryan Harrow made 12 of 23 shots this week and had 10 assists and three turnovers.
* Kentucky averaged 1.152 points per possession. Missouri averaged 1.091 points per possession.
* John Calipari did not wear a tie the entire game. Missouri coach Frank Haith did not wear a tie in the second half or in overtime.
* Missouri led 19-9 early and then by 13 at 28-15 with 4:55 left in the first half.
* Kentucky closed the half with a 16-7 run.
* Kentucky shot 39.3 percent the first half, 65.4 percent the second half.
* After missing his only two shots of the first half, Goodwin scored seven points the first 2:29 of the second half.
* Alex Oriakhi finished with 16 points and 15 rebounds for Missouri. The former Connecticut Huskie, who considered transferring to UK before landing in Columbia, had 15 rebounds in his first game at Missouri, against SIU-Edwardsville.
* Phil Pressey finished with 27 points, but took 24 shots. He made 12. He had 10 assist, committed four turnovers, but had four steals.
* The game was tied at 71-71, 73-73 and 75-75, the latter at the end of regulation.
* Pressey had a chance to win it in regulation. Missouri called time with 36.3 seconds left, 31 left on the shot clock. Pressey dribbled the shot clock down to six seconds before taking off for the basket. He missed a contested drive. It also allowed UK’s Mays to get off a hurried final shot, which missed from the deep left wing.
* The game was only tied twice in overtime — at 77-77 and 79-79. UK scored four straight points for a little separation.
* Kentucky is 10-0 this year when Harrow has at least four assists.
* Mays has made at least one three-pointer in 16 straight games.
* Ryan Harrow had a new haircut.