Ten things to know about Tennessee as the Cats visit the Vols at 1 p.m.
1. The Vols have won two straight, both on the road, the second of which was a 58-46 win over Vanderbilt in Nashville on Wednesday. Tennessee led 40-28 at the half in that one.
2. The Vols have Trae Golden back. The point guard missed two games with a bad hamstring, returned for the win at South Carolina, then started at Vanderbilt.
3. Cuonzo Martin with a four-guard lineup against Vanderbilt and did not play Kenny Hall, who had started the previous 21 games. Hall had been averaging 22.1 minutes, 6.3 points and 4.9 rebounds.
4. Jarnell Stokes is on a streak of six straight double-doubles and has double-doubles in seven of his last eight games. He also played 37 minutes at Vanderbilt.
5. Stokes’ production has picked up since Martin called the SEC director of officials Gerald Boudreaux and complained about how Stokes is being treated by opponents and officials.
6. Tennessee’s Jordan McRae is playing an SEC-high 36.1 minutes per game in league games. He produced his first career double-double in the Vanderbilt game, scoring 14 points and grabbing 11 rebounds.
7. Tennessee will be honoring the 50th anniversary of Ray Mears’ first UT team. The late Mears started at UT in 1962-63.
8. A win today would get Tennessee to the .500 mark in the SEC. Having won four of their last six games, the Vols are 5-6 in league play.
9. Tennessee is 4-10 all-time against John Calipari. That includes Calipari’s time at Memphis.
10. Tennessee has won four straight home games and seven of its last 10 meetings against the defending national champions.