Five quick numbers from UK’s 88-58 loss at Tennessee.
1. Tennessee shot 58 percent, highest ever against a Calipari team. Connecticut shot 57.7. It was highest percentage since Florida shot 64 percent on March 4, 2007. That Florida team went on to win its second consecutive national title, by the way.
2. Tennessee had 15 offensive rebounds. Kentucky had nine defensive rebounds. That’s an offensive rebound percentage of 62.5 percent. That’s easily the highest against a Calipari-coached UK team. Previous best was Alabama at 55.9 on January 18, 2011.
3. Tennessee averaged 1.360 points per possession, best ever against a Calipari-coached team at UK. Texas A&M had a 1.337 at Rupp earlier this year. That was the previous best. Kentucky averaged 0.899 points per possession. The Cats averaged 0.893 on Tuesday at Florida.
4. Tennessee was a perfect five-of-five from three-point range.
5. Kentucky shot 35.8 percent, lowest since shooting 29.6 in that home loss to Baylor on December 1.