Crunching some team numbers after UK’s 72-62 win over Auburn.
* After going 0-of-15 from three-point range in losing to Kentucky at Auburn, the Tigers made seven of 13 three-pointers in today’s loss.
* Auburn shot 43.1 percent, breaking a string of six straight games in which Kentucky had held its opponents under 40 percent shooting form the field.
* Auburn shot 50 percent in the second half, making 11 of 22 shots.
* Kentucky shot 38 free throws, hitting 26 for 68.4 percent. That’s the second highest free throw total on the year. The Cats made 31 of 41 free throws against Morehead State on Nov. 21.
* Kentucky shot 43.5 percent, lowest percentage since the Cats shot 39.3 in the loss at Alabama.
* UK blocked just four shots, fewest since three blocks in the loss at Notre Dame on Nov. 29.
* Kentucky averaged 1.142 points per possession. Auburn averaged 1.050 points per possession.
* After turning the ball over more than a quarter of their possessions the last two games, the Cats got that rate down to 15.9 percent against Auburn.
* Kentucky has created just 33 turnovers over its last four games. Auburn committed nine turnovers.