As Kentucky prepares to play Auburn on Saturday, 10 things to know about the Tigers.
1. Had lost six straight before beating Alabama 49-37 on Wednesday. It was the fewest points Alabama had ever scored against Auburn.
2. Frankie Sullivan made just 1-of-13 shots against Alabama. The guard is averaging 16.1 points per game but hasn’t topped 20 points since scoring 26 in double overtime against Arkansas on January 16.
3. Auburn went 0-for-15 from three-point range in its 75-53 loss to visiting Kentucky back on January 19. Every other opponent has made at least two three-pointers against UK this season.
4. Auburn forced 16 turnovers in its win over Alabama.
5. The Tigers outscored Bama 36-14 in the second half after trailing 23-13 at halftime.
6. Tony Barbee gave freshman forward Jordan Granger his first career start in the Alabama game. Granger played only seven minutes, however.
7. Auburn center Robb Chubb led Auburn with 14 points and seven rebounds in the loss to Kentucky last month.
8. Point guard Josh Wallace scored 11 second-half points in the win over Alabama.
9. In the first game with Kentucky, Auburn went from the 11:01 mark of the second half to the 3:07 mark scoring just two points.
10. Auburn is 1-4 on the road in conference play this season. After winning at South Carolina on January 12, the Tigers have dropped four straight.