Big Blue Links for Wednesday:
* In a big flip, Jason Hatcher is expected to sign with UK today, reports the Herald-Leader. The Trinity defensive end had originally committed to Southern Cal.
* John Calipari stops wearing his tie. Frank Martin stops coaching his team. My column from last night. One Rupp Arena fan told Martin to “get off your (posterior) and coach.”
* If Willie Cauley-Stein was rusty after his layoff from knee surgery, he didn't show it, reports Jerry Tipton of the Herald-Leader. Calipari commented about how much he liked Cauley-Stein's energy on Tuesday night.
* Ryan Timmons wants to build something at Kentucky, says my report from his announcement on Tuesday in Frankfort. Timmons picked the Cats over Florida.
* Cauley-Stein sparks Kentucky's 77-55 win over South Carolina, reports Aaron Smith of Cats Illustrated.
* Kentucky overwhelms the Gamecocks, writes Kyle Tucker of the Courier-Journal. UK led by 21 at the half, but ended up winning by 22 points.
* Defense fuels Kentucky's rout of South Carolina, says Matt May of the Cats Pause. UK held the visitors to under 30 percent shooting.
* Kentucky signee Za'Darius Smith is a football star with basketball roots, says Ben Roberts of Herald-Leader. Smith is rated as one of the nation's best junior college lineman.