Ten things to know about UK's opponent tonight, South Carolina.
1. South Carolina has lost four of its last five games and is 12-9 overall and 2-6 in Frank Martin's first year as the Gamecocks coach.
2. On January 30, Florida led visiting South Carolina 33-10 at the half and 55-15 early in the second half on the way to a 75-36 win. It was the worst SEC loss every by USC, topping a 38-point loss to Kentucky in 2006-07.
3. After the Florida game, Martin said, “We got thrown around like a junior varsity high school team.”
4. Georgia shot a season-high 58.1 percent in winning at South Carolina 67-56 last Saturday.
5. After the Georgia loss, Martin said, “No energy. No discipline. No life.”
6. Michael Carrera, a 6-foot-5 freshman guard from Venezuela, has scored 29 points and grabbed 16 rebounds in South Carolina's last two games.
7. South Carolina did beat Arkansas 75-54 on Jan. 26 in Columbia.
8. South Carolina is last in the SEC in overall field goal percentage defense, as opponents are shooting 43.8 percent against the Gamecocks.
9. Martin suffered a blow early in the year when LaShay Page, a transfer from Southern Miss who was averaging 11.7 points per game, was declared academically ineligible after nine games.
10. Brenton Williams, a transfer from Santa Fe College and the team's leading scorer averaging 10.6 points per game, made just one of four shots against Georgia.